A PLACE FOR DREAMERS
We fast-track the IoT innovation
With those who are crazy enough
Registration for 2019 is open
By the time you finish reading this page, there will be almost 4,000 new devices connected to the Internet. IoT is getting all over the world. If you want to be part of this game, you’re in the right place!
The Hacking House is the innovation arm of Sigfox, the worldwide company who provides the IoT connectivity services.
Our goal is to solve problems that don’t have an existing solution. We do this with gathering young diverse talents, a special methodology and a pool of mentors working under specific time-limit.
We fast-track the conception, prototyping and testing phases in less than 100 days, working on real-world projects.
ALL THE COMMUNITY UNDER THE SAME ROOF
Engineering & Business School Students
Get a unique chance to have real hands-on experience on breakthrough IoT projects for renown companies
Submit your IoT project problems for our hand-picked teams to work on and receive training to better manage your IoT projects.
Startups & developers of the Sigfox community
Get access to the coworking space and the HackSpace equipped with the essential tools needed for IoT prototyping
Get access to the Hacking House and use the HackSpace, as well as to work side by side of the project teams
The Hacking House Program is a 3-month cycle with 4 seasons per year and it’s open to any students, freelancers, developers or entrepreneurs.
We have two Hacking House in the Bay Area and Taipei as of today.
Every season kicks-off with 10 projects and 30 students who will be selected to join the program. Once selected, project teams will move into the Hacking House for this period, learn on IoT and Sigfox technology, and work on real world projects over a rich and intensive training period.
The project teams work in direct contact with the corporate project managers as well as the device makers and startups. At the end of this period, participants will be certified as Hacking House graduates, and join the Alumni club, followed by great career opportunities.
Every season of the program includes the following steps:
- Projects call for entry: (Open now to all corporations)Selecting the best projects to enter the Hacking House
- Students enrollment: (Candidates announcement End December)Selecting students who have necessary skills for the projects after successfully passing online and offline assessments
- Hacking Camp: (February 20th)The aim of the Camp is to practice team work and learn how to solve problems in groups. That’s why our seasonal camps are very important to know if you are the right person for this journey or not. You will also get training on IoT and Sigfox technology, and create teams in order to be ready to kick-off the projects.
- Partner identification: Depending on the scope of projects, teams will be connected to the right Sigfox partners in order to develop the solution. Specific partners can move into Hacking House for the duration of the project.
- Project management: All projects will be supervised and led by the Hacking House project manager whose role is to supervise teams, give insights on Sigfox technology and lead the relationship with the client
- Project delivery: (May17th, at the end of 3 months)Once the realization phase is done the deliverables will be presented to the client in order to take a decision for the next steps of the industrialization.
- Post delivery: The realized product will be added to the showroom. Students will be graduated and join the Hacking House alumni club. They enter the Post-Graduation program to be recruited by Sigfox, partners or clients or launch their startup.
20-28 Feb 2019 – Taipei
Do you want to turn your winter incredible?
Join our WinterCamp
Learn about IoT from the best experts
Work with a diverse team on challenging projects
Win your entry to the Hacking House and start an incredible journey
Meet with leading corporations who need your brilliant mind!
ONLY 30 places.
Do you have a question?
Drop us a line. We read every single email.
Program inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media inquiries: email@example.com